Sunday, April 30, 2006

So You Think You Hate Your Job

Well the party is over, the friviloty done, games played and alcohol consumed, and I'm still standing. Not too steady, mind you, but standing. Actually, I'm sitting, but lets not get technical. I am finishing my third margarita as I'm doing this. First I must tell you that I am a cheap drunk. Why? Because I don't drink a lot, so even one margarita will give me a buzz. Since I started out with Jose Cuervo (Sp?), I think that alone constitutes two of my regular Seagrams. But I had to have two margaritas on Susan, so I'm only finishing her second. Does that make sense? 1 Jose Cuervos and 2 Seagrams. Anyway, before I go on to my planned cut and paste (because I'm not sure any blog I do right now will make much sense) I must tell you about one game we played. If you have visited Raine, Susan or Daisy in the last day or so you will have noticed a, shall I say, weird thing happening. We've been doing TV Theme songs. The game we started out with was Encore. If you're not familiar with it - you just have to sing a line from a song that contains a chosen word based on colored squares or a category - like months, cities, etc. One of the categories that was drawn was - yes, you guessed it - TV Theme Songs! I did quite well, thank you very much.

I am going to sleep most of the morning and then Bebo and I are going to watch Tristan and Isolde, I think. Anyway, here's something to amuse you ... or not, whichever because I'm drinking margaritas and everything is funny.

When you have a "I Hate My Job" day, try this: On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the Thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair, open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken. Now the fun part begins. Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested." Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, I am so glad I do not work for quality control at Johnson and Johnson." HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS WORSE THAN YOURS.

13 comments:

Brandy said...

The game sounds like fun. The thermometer.....EEEWWWWW! As for drinking? What does a margarita taste like?

Bailey Stewart said...

Um, it tastes like a margarita (somebody help me here).

Denise McDonald said...

Kinda like a salty Sprite with no carbonation and extra lime

Bailey Stewart said...

And the birthday girl described it perfectly. Thank you Denise. Your prize? I will not sing you the birthday song. :)

Meretta said...

A maragarita is lovely and beyond description. One must taste to know! I especially like lime ones. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Denise!

So glad you had such a good time and the games sound like they were great fun. Thanks for managing to drink the two margaritas for me. I hope your not suffering to much today! :-D

I think I'll pass on the job at Johnson and Johnson...YUCK!

Bailey Stewart said...

Margaritas are lovely ...

No problem Susan. I'll do it again in a couple of months. I cannot drink more than one of those a week. I can't even drink more than one alcoholic beverage a week. Not very Irish of me *shame*

Lis said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. And I can't describe a margarita, *hangs head in shame* I've never had one. My alcohol consumption pretty well sticks to a Mike's Hard Lemonade.
lol at the J&J job. That's just...wrong *g*

Christa said...

I'm the same way, I'm a cheap drunk. I don't drink(a lot). It takes a lot of concentration to walk and alhol kind messes with the concetration.

Amie Stuart said...

Limeaid with booze =)

Toni Anderson said...

LOL!!

I remember being embarrassed about writing some of my love scenes a couple of years ago, and picking up a book about sex and thinking 'at least I am not a model in a *how to improve your sex life guide*'

Explain that to your family :)

Sandy J said...

Ewwww! But it was funny! Tomorrow I go to work with a new appreciation.

Anonymous said...

The party was fun. It made for a crying (as in "I was laughing so hard, I was crying.") good time when trying to come up with TV Theme Songs. "Secret Agent Man..."