Monday, May 04, 2009

It's About Time

Yeah, about time I got back here. I do not in any way wish that virus on anybody, well, maybe one person......

What a lovely couple of days we're having. Yesterday (Sunday) it didn't get out of the 60s, and today it'll be a little bit higher, but still - with a week that's looking at a couple of 90 degree days, I'm loving this. Of course, it did mean terrible storms Saturday, so bad that I'm sure you've heard about the Dallas Cowboys practice dome collapsing. Couple of serious injuries there. There were several members of the media in the dome, so some excellent video exists. This was the rookie camp, and what I liked (for lack of a better word) was the many players in uniform working to free others. The thunder from this storm sent the cats scurrying a bit - and these cats don't really react to thunder. It left a trail of damage in it's path - but so far only one possible tornado, down near where Bebo was for the weekend.

Let's see, what else has been going on? Um, hmmmm, I did miss my on-line workshop - the week I was sick, and then the second week where trying to play catch-up was impossible. I have all of the lesson plans and I will be doing them.

That leads me to another question ... is in on-line or online? No, I'm serious - I've seen it both ways and was just wondering.

There are a lot of words like that, words that confuse me - for instance, effect and affect. Don't try to tell me, many have tried and failed. So, what word/words give you a problem?

Have a happy Monday - and I'll see you Wednesday!

5 comments:

Bebo said...

I can never figure out lie/lay and sit/set.

Glad things were not as bad in town as they were in the country where I spent the weekend. Highlight of the storm: tornado! Tiny, but still!!!

Can we say YIKES!?

Brandy said...

Glad to hear you're okay. As for on-line/online? No clue. *G*

catslady said...

Glad you're feeling better.
Seems like a lot of words start out hyphenated but the more they're used, it seems to disappear - not an official answer lol.

Lexi said...

everyday/ every day---I solve it by writing "every single day."

anytime/any time

E-mail/e-mail/email

Christa said...

glad to hear you are feeling better

For me it's than/then