Monday, August 13, 2007

Where's the Ice

I hate this. It got up to 103 today with a heat index of 108. 108! One, zero, eight. I can't take this much longer - I hate heat. My asthma hates heat. My a/c hasn't gone off once today. Not to mention that the kamikaze caterpillars are back. Yeah, made my summer. It's too hot to cook - almost too hot to think about eating. Did I mention that it was hot? 108. And there's no relief in sight. Oh, wait. Towards the end of the week we may plummet to the cool temp of 99! Be still my heart. If I could figure out how to do it, my big ol' chair and I would be sitting in the freezer right now. My kingdom for an igloo. The kamikaze caterpillars seem to enjoy it though. Another reason to hate them. I opened the front door today and had one fall on my hand - yuck! I did see a big whooly black caterpillar the other day - means a hard winter. Football is starting. The state fair is in September. School starts in about a week. What do those three things mean? Fall. Cooler temps. Around the corner. Please let it be around the corner. Did I mention that I hate heat? Why Bailey, why are you still in Texas? I asked myself the same thing today when the little temp thingy on my toolbar turned red. Money. That's why I'm stuck in this hell-hole they call summer. 108!



On the brighter side, I forgot to mention that Raine nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. I'm really honored. I, on the other hand, can't seem to make a decision so I'm not nominating anyone. I know, party pooper. But it's too hot! I'm too hot! Oh please Fall, get here soon ...

19 comments:

Dru said...

Congrats on being nominated Rockin' Girl Blogger.

If I could, I would you send you some of the cool temps we've been experiencing, but alas, the hot and humid temps came back this afternoon.

I hope you had a good Sunday.

Brandy said...

Congratulations! You deserve the Rockin' Girl Blogger!
I hear you on the h-o-t. *sigh* Fall needs to hurry up and sorry to say, I wish winter came faster too!
Hope you cool off soon!

Get some rest!

raine said...

Sooo, Bailey...
I hear it's hot there. :-O

LOL--just messin' with ya. I'm sorry, hon. The last couple weeks here have been pretty unbearable too.

But as much as I hate the extreme heat, I also hate the big snows when they come our way up yonder.

So what can ya do.
Rock on.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

But sorry about the heat. We've discussed this. Move to the Sierras!

Bailey Stewart said...

It's 9:30 in the morning and the heat index is already 102!

Meretta said...

Sending you cool weather...do your leaves change color in Texas?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Considering you are a Rockin' Girl you most certainly deserve the Rockin' Girl Blogger!

I thought it was hot here until I saw the 108 you're having to suffer through. Be sure to stay hydrated. I'll be sending cool vibes your way.

Bailey Stewart said...

Meretta - yes we get some pretty colors in the Fall - not as pretty as New England though.

It's only 10:30 and the heat index is 105. I hate Summer.

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya, Bailey. I haven't enjoyed a summer in... when did I start having heat-related asthma problems? Oh yeah, sometime in the last millennium. Sheesh...

Think snow..think snow...think snow.

Thank goodness I have a good A/C in the car!

Bailey Stewart said...

At least you can run the a/c in your car.

Anonymous said...

You rock, girl! :)

It's been just about as hot here and I am so ready for it to be over. Enough is enough!

Toni Anderson said...

That sucks. I can't stand it that hot either. I need a converter but it sounds bloody awful. We have cooled down. Nice sunny days, cooler nights...is winter approaching already?

Melissa Amateis said...

I am right there with ya. I hate hate HATE heat. It's supposed to be up to 101 tomorrow - and with our humidity, it will feel even worse. I don't go outside unless it's to go to work or come home from work!

Anonymous said...

We had that wonderful weather the whole month of July!!! I think we had 25+ days of over 100 degree days...luckily for me I spent the month of July in San Diego...

Congrats on Blogger girl :)

Michele said...

Hmmmm, yep, 108 is egg fryingly hot.
Hope it shifts soon!

For the first summer in memory, we've not had any heat waves..at all. That actually is worrisome because climactic changes can't be good.

Congrats on the "Rockin'" award ...well deserved.

Kelly Boyce said...

Hahahaha...love the Avatar! Hope the heat breaks soon. We had a wave of heat and humidity a week ago and it was rather disgusting. It's cooler now though. Congrats on the Rockin' Girl Blogger award!

Scott said...

I just read something that the heat index was so bad in Dallas that the Jerry Jones invited the press into his air-conditioned room to watch the end of practice. Sounds quite toasty.

Melissa McClone said...

Congrats. It's a fitting nomination, Bailey!

Take care of yourself!!!!

Amie Stuart said...

I HATE this heat! Let me tell you about my AC. It's broken in that it thinks it has to be within 20 degrees of the outside temperature which measn teh FREAKING HEAT comes on if it drops below that 20 degree mark which means evenings in my hause are intollerable