Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Bebo

How do you tell a friend “thank you”? How do you let them know that their presence in your life means more than they can ever know? And when their birthday comes around, what can you give them when you have nothing to really give? I’ll tell you how …


Happy Birthday Beverly. I celebrate the day you were brought into this world. You are my rock, the support of much of who I am. Nothing anyone achieves in their lives is done in a vacuum, just as nothing that I myself achieve is done without the many things you bring to me. You nurture my soul, you ground me, and you bring me out of the darkness in which I often immerse myself. For that alone I call you friend. But you do more than that. You make me face realities when they are often too hard for me to endure. You make me laugh. You make me cry. I’m happy to call you my friend, but I’m even more proud to be able to call you sister.

I love you …..

When I first heard this song, I thought it could only refer to romantic love. But then I listened more closely and realized that it can also mean the kind of love that we share.

Happy Birthday ...



Oh, and Happy Birthday to you too JJ!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I am proud to call you sister and friend too.

And *thanks* for making me cry 1st thing in the morning!

I love you too.

Anonymous said...

jeez! that was so very sweet!!!

You are well and truly loved miss B.

Happy Birthday! You are truly as young as you feel...pretend you feel 20 again :) :) :)

Blessing to both of you!!!

Anonymous said...

What a tribute to friendship and sisterhood! Beautiful

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBO!!

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday Bebo! What an amazing bond you two have. Blessings!

catslady said...

Priceless!!! Happy Birthday, Bebo.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Bebo! What a beautifully written sentiment of caring.

Lis said...

That's so sweet what you wrote! Awww.

Wishing Bebo a wonderful birthday! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful Birthday greetings!

Now I'm headed to Bailey's for my birthday treat: Pot Roast! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! And also many well spoken words towards Bebo! :-)