Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Only Wednesday ...

You know, a blank page looks awfully lonely when you’re sitting here staring at it hoping that magical words would appear on the screen. But guess what? No matter how long you stare, nothing happens. Soooo, you have to put your fingers on the keyboard and just start typing, you know? And even then, magic doesn’t always flow from the fingertips to the screen. You gotta think. What if I’m too tired to think?

Waiting for the next cold front to appear. It’s supposed to hit this weekend. I say cold front ‘cuz that’s what they call it. I call it a cool front. Not supposed to get out of the 60s. But hey, it beats the 80s.

Bought Jill’s latest book “To All a Good Night”, and Loreth’s latest one “Manhunter”. Now I just have to read them. LOL I don’t know why I’m still in this reading funk. Or should I say “not reading” funk. There has never been a time in my life when I wasn’t reading, but since mom died I haven’t really been able to sit down and read a book. Go figure. I suddenly have time to read at my leisure, but my leisure doesn’t want to cooperate.

Hmmmm, what other inane dribble can I send your way? Um, not a dang thing, darnit!!

Okay, so I’ve said what I’m supposed to be reading. What about you? What’s on the TBR pile right now?

Oh, and no, I didn’t make this one – but I thought it was really funny.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the reading/not reading since Mom passed. I used to be able to write anytime, anywhere when Howie was alive and my life was full beyond capacity. Now... I have to beg the muses to travel thru the same county... and even then it just doesn't seem to work.

On my TBR pile: Loreth Ann's Heart of a Renegade (I think) and Kate Collins' Shoots to Kill. And Lee Iaccoca's Where Have All the Leaders Gone?

Susan said...

I went through the same funk not long ago. I'm thrilled to say it disappeared as strangely as it came on.


On my TBR pile: Jill’s Heating up the Holidays, Play Dirty by Sandra Brown and Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione.

Brandy said...

I've been there as well, a few months ago. And even now I'm not reading as much as usual.

In my (very small) TBR stack, I have Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home by Michele Bardsley and The House on Tradd Street by Karen White.

I hope your cool front doesn't get too chilly!