Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things have a habit of doing that ...



There are days when I feel exactly like that little kitten above. The world is going by while I'm sleeping. Or at least the years. I was driving home from work the other day when I decided to take a different route, one that I don't use that often. It takes me down a really messed up street named Town East Blvd. The Town East is because the mall is there. It's been under construction forever. In fact, when it started, Nixon was in office. Okay, I exaggerate, but it's been a while, with no real end in site. When it's done, it will actually be the best connection between Bebo and me. But I digress. Nixon does have something to do with this though. I'm sitting at this light, cars lined up beside me, strip shops on one side, the mall on the other and I remembered. Yep, my mind did the ol' "I remember when" game. When I was a child we'd go to the lake and pass by this area - it was nothing but farm land then. In fact, one of my favorite restaurants, The Saltgrass Steakhouse, sits where the old farm house once stood. Or at least near it - I don't remember exactly what the historical marker there says. But now it's a hub of retail activity. Things change - so much has changed. Don't know what this post is about, just a rambling thought.

Another rambling thought:

When I go to work, or to Bebo's apartment, I drive down this street and pass this little church that sits a little away from the road. It's not a big building, but it houses a lot of memories. Two of my father's brothers and one of his sisters went to this church. A couple of cousins still do. But that's not the important part. You see, I smile and say "hi dad" every time I pass it. Why? My dad help build that church. It's a visible sign (other than his children and grandchildren) that he was once here.

Nothing really important, just a couple of rambling thoughts and a cute kitten. What else do you want on a Wednesday?

7 comments:

Toni Anderson said...

On a Wednesday? Hmm.. I've a craving for crispy duck. And some sexy clothes. Jeez I better not go to the store today LOL ;)

Bailey Stewart said...

HEY FBA!!!!! Sexy clothes? I'd settle for some $$$$$

Brandy said...

Rambling thoughts work. Mine have been drifting all over today as well! *G* As for what I want? Well, I need a sweater (I'm freezing!), but I'll settle for book later.

Susan said...

It's amazing how areas are being built up. I just want a blanket. It hasn't gotten to 20 degrees here today. Brrr!

Anonymous said...

What I want right now this very minute is a NAP and a clear calendar... neither of which I can have. Oh well... at least I have a good book to read tonight.

And Susan... Yikes! brrrr is right!

catslady said...

Awwwww poor little kitty. At least it never fell on it's face like I thought was going to happen!

Scott said...

That's super cute. I feel like that most of the time when I work on something boring.