Monday, November 19, 2007

I need a little privacy, please.

Once, just once, I’d like to go to the bathroom on my own. The master bath is about the size of a closet and once you get me, Bubba, Neely Shae, Aidan and BooBear in there, it’s a pretty tight squeeze. Shut the door? Nope, the house has shifted and the door doesn’t shut all the way and Bubba has a way with his paws. “Pop” the door opens and they file in one by one. Then they fight over who gets to sit on momma’s feet. Use the main bathroom? Yeah, I could do that. The door shuts. But then Bubba (you notice it’s always him?) meows and pounds on the door like he’s going to crash in. I’m sure the noise can be heard next door. Nope, gotta let the little beasts in. Try brushing your teeth with cats surrounding the sink, blocking your access. One of these days I’ll just have them brush my teeth for me. And speaking of Bubba, try pulling your pants up with him in them. I know, TMI, but I don’t care. Once, just once, I’d like to get out of the shower without having to wipe my feet quickly and shove them into slippers before I do anything else. Why? Because Bubba (yeah, him again) likes to lick my toes and bite them. Told you he was weird. It’s okay if he licks the water on my legs, but those toes are too much of a temptation for him.

Bebo and I got the living room ready for winter this morning. I have to keep my furnace off as much as possible, so we had to make a spot for my space heater, PLUS the way the room was before made it practically impossible to watch the T.V. even with glasses! So it’s all ready. Right now we’re up in the upper 70s and lower 80s at least until Wednesday. Then a cold front comes in and on Turkey day it may not make it out of the 50s. With wood floors it can be quite cool in here. I’ll turn on the heater, snuggle in my big chair with a blanket and enjoy the Cowboy game. They won today and are 9 – 1! I can’t believe they’ve only lost one game!

I’ve filled in for a co-worker, so I’ve been in the store 3 ½ days – Saturday afternoon I began sneezing. My allergies can’t handle being in the store that much. I have to work again this Friday, but thankfully we’re closed Thursday so maybe it won’t be that bad.

Question: If you could go back and re-live one half-hour of your life (not change anything) what half-hour would you choose? I’d choose one from 1998 before my dad got bad and Alzheimer’s took over mom’s life. Just to spend a half-hour with my parent’s again.

14 comments:

Shesawriter said...

I'd rather not say, but God knows. :-)

Brandy said...

I'd have to think really hard on that. I wouldn love to talk to my Mom one more time, but the pain of remembering....

I know EXACTLY what you mean about using the restroom. ALL OF IT. Then there's the shower, where I am lucky if just one of the cats decides to enjoy the peep show, not to mention the cold air they let in! *G*

Glad your team won and you were able to rearrange everything to your liking!

Bailey Stewart said...

Ahhh, but my shower has a door on it, not a curtain. They can't get in there.

Diane said...

Nice to see you "back" and blogging.

Half hour to re-live? Gosh, I don't know. Perhaps that half hour back in the olden days when I got my first ever acceptance when she called me up at the office. Or any one of the half hours I spent with my lovely dog, Roly, who lasted to the grand old age of 17.

Denise McDonald said...

kids are the same way with the bathroom--you'd think they'd run but nope they keep on talking . . . .

hmm, what hour hour, that's a hard one. Maybe my wedding so I could remeber it better--it's somewhat a blur of nerves and excitement

Anonymous said...

Every morning I hear the conversations that each of my family members has with my two fur balls, which range from funny to down right nasty. lol

We haven't been out of the 30's for a couple of weeks. Then last night instead of getting the 1-3 inches they predicted we have 10 inches on the ground and it's still coming down!

Half hour I'd pick to re-live would be talking with my granddad.

Spy Scribbler said...

Hmmm ... I'd probably re-live 30 minutes of sex or something. Call me a wimp, but 30 minutes with my dad again would just mean I'd have to mourn him again. It was painful enough the first time, lol.

But maybe I'd settle for 30 minutes in the bathroom without the kitties opening the door! Isn't that crazy? They're adorable, but just once I'd like to go to the bathroom without the door being opened all the time! They don't even close it!

Dru said...

Spending time with my great-great grandmother and the talks we use to have.

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't say. But I would love to go back and change it. Thanks for friending me. I'm a cat lover, too.

Bailey Stewart said...

Celise - thanks for accepting my invitation.

Anonymous said...

Well, the funny thing is that Bailey's cats like to go in the bathroom with anyone! Bubba comes in & wants to be beaten on, then BooBear comes in & sits on my feet (big warm purring plush-toy that he is)... So even visitors at Bailey's house get this treatment!

What half-hour would I pick? Too many to choose from.

Lexi said...

I'm sure I can think of a ZILLION half hours to relive. But off the top of my head, I'd like to go back to a grade school father daughter dance so I could feel my father's arms around me one more time.

Lis said...

Any half hour I could get with HB when he was happy and healthy. That'd be nice.

Hopefully the weather won't dip too cool for you!

Unknown said...

Just a half hour? There are so many, but I think I'd choose another half hour with my grandmother.