Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Calendar Says Wednesday, but That Has to be Wrong


Wow! It’s Wednesday already? Gadzooks this vacation has gone by fast and my hand isn’t near ready to go to work on Thursday. The butterfly strips are holding on fast, so that means I’m going to have to wrap the hand in gauze to keep it completely sealed in that dirty, dingy bookstore. Sheesh.

Tuesday went by rather quietly. I didn’t do a lot, just some photoshopping to keep my mind off of things. Can you see Bubba in the picture above? Of course you can, ya can’t hide that orange body. This is another contest entry, like the two before. This program that I’m using is free and it’s called GIMP. You can download it – I think its GIMP.com, but check, you probably can find it if you Google GIMP. It’s an easy program to learn; I’m still in the amateurish stage, but I’m having fun with it.

We are going to have great weather on Wednesday, well except for the rain maybe. The temps will be more fall-like. Sometime in the afternoon we’ll creep to the mid-70s, and then a cool front will come in and the temps will drop into the 60s by evening. It will be a perfect day to turn off the A/C and open windows.

Can you believe it’s the middle of October now? I do love this time of year but it’s also my most melancholy; the holiday season. Not to mention mom’s birthday in November. Bebo wants to have Thanksgiving at her apartment. Don’t know if anyone else will make it (friends) or if it will be another Thanksgiving with just the two of us. Oh wait, I spent Thanksgiving alone last year, so having it with just Bebo will be an improvement.

Here I am talking about Thanksgiving and we haven’t hit Halloween yet. Who do I think I am, a department store? Halloween, my first in an apartment. I don’t know how much trick or treating is done here; there are a lot of kids in the complex. So I guess I’ll buy candy – I will either have to buy something I don’t like so I won’t eat it before Halloween, or at least throw in a bag for me.

So, what are y’all up to? Anything exciting, titillating, mysterious, adventurous – come on y’all, you know I live vicariously through you!

Have a great Wednesday, thank you so much for the wonderful comments yesterday – I appreciated them more than you can know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course Bubba is laying out in the yard! The better to catch those ghosties & ghoulies & things that go BUMP in the night!

My experience w/ trick-or-treaters in apt complexes is that there are none. Or very few anyway. That's why I bring all my decorations to work & Spook Out the cubicle! (I'm sure there are a couple of dust-ghosts hiding under my desk...)

Susan said...

Hey! I'm the one who lives vicariously through you!

Brandy said...

It is hard to miss Bubba! We live in a neighborhood where we get tons of kids and sometimes they caravan in! I buy dum-dums (lollipops) because the littlest to the biggest can eat them.

Be careful with that hand at work!

I hope you're having a pleasant day! ;)

Christa said...

The family was all able to get together October 5(even though ours isn't till October 13) for Thanksgiving dinner. All day Tuesday I was working the election from 8:30AM-11:30PM I'm still trying to catch up on blogs and emails and stuff. it's amazing how much I need to catch up on on the computer after being gone a day, geez scary thought if I couldn't get to the computer for more than a day.
For trick or treater here, the aparter manager sent a newsletter that any treats we can bring down to office, then Halloween we can go to the hall for coffee and snacks and watch the trick or treaters. They don't allow trick or treaters to go door to door in each building. After any leftover treats they'll donate to the food bank or shelter

catslady said...

It looks like he's laying on clouds lol.

We only get about 60 kids now on a nice night since our neighborhood is older but luckily I'm not a huge candy eater - I prefer cookies and cakes lol.

We're trying to get our outside doors and trim painted but the weather is turning cold on us.

Anonymous said...

I guess I missed the part about the contest somewhere along the lines... I see you mention it would be another one like the others... then you went off into GIMP land and I seemed to have missed the actual contest details. LOL