Friday, December 22, 2006

Holly and Spam

Gift from someone you love. (Hugh Jackman is giving me something? Wow!)
We know what you want. (No thank you, I'm getting something from Hugh *gg*)
Carol with royal. (Well, she is with me you know.)
Jordan. (She’s not here, she has spam waiting.)
Santa Claus is watching you. (Does Mrs. Claus know this?)
Hate headaches after parties? (The answer is to never let the party end.)
Give your opinion and we will reward you with chocolate. (Why don’t you just hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt)
We asked ourselves: “what can we do to add to the site and have fun with it?” (Leave?)
Raine advice. (Screw it.)
Big Adventures With Big Dick. (I’ll wait for the sequel)
It me Olga. (No you’re not, Olga speaks better than that.)
I’m going to show you this, but keep it secret! (I promise.)
Your secret? (You never mentioned the “I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours” part.)
Wanna new Rolex? (No, if I wait long enough I’ll get one from the neighbors.)



Swirled Surprise Cookies

2¾ cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (10 oz package) Nestle Toll House Swirled Milk Chocolates & Caramel Morsels, divided
½ cup Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels (optional)

Preheat oven to 375

COMBINE flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in ¾ cup swirled Morsels. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.

ROLL dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. If dough balls become warm, refrigerate until firm.

BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until sides are set. Press ½ -inch deep and quarter-size wide pockets into centers of cookies with back of small spoon. Fill pockets with remaining Swirled Morsels while cookies are still warm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PLACE milk chocolate morsels in small microwave-safe, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead to mix. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies.

Tonights Movie: The Santa Claus

14 comments:

Brandy said...

Loving the Spam, holiday version. Never thought before how the words "Santa's watching you" could be creepy. Thanks for the recipe, my kids are usually up for any cookie that has chocolate!

Christa said...

I never had a chance to participate in Jill's SOYAD today but with you mentioning Hugh I just might have to watch all 3 X-Men movies and I got my son to go to Tim Hortons and get me some white chocolate macadamian cookies plus I have some Lindt chocolates(my Christmas present to myself), so I'm all set.

Anonymous said...

LOL--I've been creeped out by Santa watching me for years, but then I was a twisted child. Your recipes are AWESOME! I sense some baking in my future...

Melissa Amateis said...

You are posting the most DELICIOUS recipes!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Meretta said...

Definitely Olga speaks better than that. Does she know spammers are impersonating her, I wonder?

Thanks for the giggles, Bailey!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try this recipe!!

Anonymous said...

Lol! I love your Spamarama, but you already know that, don't you? And thanks for the compliment and the recipe! Merry Christmas, Bailey!

Anonymous said...

Meretta, thanks for the compliment! As for your question, no, this is news for me!

Anonymous said...

Ah, so you have been filching the neighbors' alarm clocks though I didn't know Rolex makes them too now. I thought they only made watches. Strange thing for the neighbors to do, however; if they lose so many how come they're buying more expensive ones.

I always wondered what *the secret* was but I kind of suspected it wasn't squeaky clean.

Lots of fun as always. I do wish I did more baking but with a bum hand it's sometimes a little difficult. I should give the recipes to my sister and her daughter. They've got a little boy to feed. He'd love all these goodies.

I have to stay off the computer as much as possible. It keeps freezing me out. I hope my brother sets up another one for me soon. He's had only 3 used ones come his way in the last few months. We'll see if he can make one decent one out of all those.

Anonymous said...

Great holiday Spamarama! I really like your solution to headaches after parties! LOL

Dru said...

These are good. I convinced a friend of mine to make some of these cookies for me.

Toni Anderson said...

oohh...funny and sweet :) My fave!

catslady said...

Always funny! Am I bad - I haven't baked in a couple of years.

Brandy said...

You inspired me, I just made polverones, aka: crescents, russian teacakes, etc. But, I like the name the kids called them tonight, snowballs. *G*