Monday, March 20, 2006

Devlin Update

Okay - we are still on a "wait and see" phase. Since we just upped the dosage on Sunday it may not have had time to kick in. Also, he probably bottomed out energy wise yesterday because of all (10 known) seizures that he had on Saturday. She took more blood to see if the white blood count has gone down - we might get those results this afternoon. Meanwhile, she gave him five more antibiotics just in case. He does seem to be better today. Also, while describing the symptoms of seizures that another cat she was treating I realized that they were similar to something Devlin has done his entire life. Every once in a while when I would pick him up or move him he would growl, hiss, or bite. I thought he was just high-strung, but no, these are another form of seizures. So this is not a new thing. I also got us theorizing that maybe that was why his mother threw him out of the "nest" - they seem to know when something is wrong with the kitten. In other words, the high white cell count just might have been coincidental - not connected with the seizures at all. I gave him his pheno at 10:00 and he is already conked out.

That's it for now. I'm having brunch (didn't have breakfast) and then probably to sleep for while (another one of those weekends). I might do some blogging first, I don't know. If I haven't been by, I will.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!!! not again!!!

I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Toni Anderson said...

Hope he's better soon

Siobhan said...

You've been so brave, Eve. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as I'm sure all of your friends are doing. We can only hope . . .

Denise McDonald said...

continued ((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

(((((Eve-hugs-Devlin)))))

I'm so sorry to hear Dev has had a relapse. I'm sure it's just a matter of finding the right dosage. Sending prayers your way.

Bailey Stewart said...

Just waiting for doctor to call and get the test results.

Anonymous said...

I hope that with these new insights the vet can find something that will cure him of these seizures permanently. Poor Devlin. I guess the animal world does sometimes work for the survival of the fittest. He's very lucky that you came along to rescue him.

More hugs, blessings and prayers for you both. I hope that you've managed to get a little bit of sleep in the interim.

Meretta said...

Many hugs and pettings for wee Devlin.