Friday, June 16, 2006

All the Spam That's Unfit to Print

Firstly, I very, very Happy Belated Birthday to Susie. One thousand mea culpas amiga. You are a wonderful friend and you deserved better from me. I'll do better next year - I should be able to find my brain by then.

Also, congratulations Toni Anderson, whose current WIP The Blade Runner is now on contract with Triskelion. Way to go pal!

And finally, if you don't hear from me AT ALL in the next few days you'll know that this monitor that I borrowed from Bebo has gone out completely. Right now the screen is almost a bright white - in fact I had to do this posting by going through Toni's site to blogger because my site is so light that I can't read it. I'll have to give in and put myself further in debt on Sunday when I go out and buy a new monitor. There goes any chance of an e-reader this year. I can still read my mail screen so I will be able to read your comments, I just might not be able to respond.

On to Spamarama:

Your cash, not good (You're telling me? That's why I have plastic)
Are you ready? (For what? Wait a minute, this doesn't have anything to do with alarm clocks does it?)
Cartier on Farther's Days? (It will be a much farther day before I can afford Cartier)
Your money, mosquito bar (Or what, roach motel?)
Your neighbors lost their alarm clock (I knew it. I just knew there'd be trouble)
Need a background check? (Why? Just because they can't hold on to their alarm clock doesn't make them criminals. I keep losing my mind and I'm not in jail.)
I've finally got that 650 dollars I owe you (This doesn't have anything to do with Saudi Arabian Princes, does it?)
Your choice (Honey, it's always been my choice)
2 Days left to save big (My cash isn't any good, remember?)
Need cash, round-lipped (Doesn't everybody, square eyes?)
Harass estimated (Oh, there's no estimate needed. Harassment is assured)
re: illegal activities documented (Was this before or after the background check?)
Just save a pot of money (It depends. Are we talking sauce pan or kettle?)
Disturbance 883 (Is that police code for alarm clocks?)
Erection problems can be fixed Ethel (I don't think Ethel's erection problems can be fixed, if you know what I mean)
Interfamily undevoured codrus majo (Of course it's undevoured. I wouldn't eat codrus majo, family present or not)

UPDATE: The daughter of fellow romance writer Marjorie Jones is missing. It is believed that she may be on her way to Texas from Utah. Please go here for more information.

24 comments:

Christa said...

I'm first, I'm first, maybe I should go to bed. I'm still playing catch up after not having the internet for the last 2 weeks.
So Happy Belated Susie, Congrats Toni. See Eve I knew you would get an erectile one in there.

Brandy said...

I wished Toni Congrats! on her site. And wished Susie Happy Birthday yesterday. I noticed she had to check the dates to remember her birthday. I have to count the years to remember how old I am.
So sorry to hear about you monitor. (Dell has a pretty good credit thing if you need to go that way.) I see the alarm clock is back. Or rather still missing! Wishing for a better day for you!

Unknown said...

These just get better and better, Eve.
Sorry to hear about the monitor. Hope a new one isn't too hard on the pocket.

Denise McDonald said...

Happy Birthday Susie!

Congrats Toni!

the rest makes me want to sing Monty Python, "Spam spam spam spam spam..."
{you'd have figured I could have thought of that before now...}

Kelly Boyce said...

I love starting my day off with the spamarama. By Friday, I need a good laugh!

Toni Anderson said...

Thanks Eve and everyone, I am very excited!

Happy birthday Susie!!!!!!

(((Eve))) on the monitor. I hate it when stuff doesn't work any more :(
Yesterday I was scoping out portable DVD players, because of our trip to the UK and 4 long drives when we are there. DH doesn't like the idea (at all), :( I can feel myself caving!!!! I'd love an eBook reader too. sigh.

Melissa Amateis said...

I had to buy a new monitor about a month ago when mine kept going white. Hope you find a good deal.

Happy belated birthday, Susie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs! Your neighbors really should be more careful with their alarm clocks.

Good luck with the monitor. Hugs! I just had to get a new mouse, that sure is a whole lot cheaper.

Happy belated birthday, Susie!

Meretta said...

Bummer on the monitor, Eve.

Happy Birthday, Susie!

YAY Toni!

And LOL at the spam. What a positive thing you've done with the negative. Good for you!

Kelley Nyrae said...

I hate computer problems. Good luck with your new montior.

Carol M said...

I've been having computer problems, too, so I know how you feel. It's been in and out of the shop a lot. I really need a new one. I'm putting too much money into it. I really hate those people that feel the need to send out a virus! I hope you get a deal on a new monitor!

Thanks for the spamarama! I always love it.

Anonymous said...

Disturbance 883 (Is that police code for alarm clocks?)

ROFL! I think it must be!

*hugs* on the wonky monitor!

Shesawriter said...

Hey Eve,

Hope all is going well with and the monitor doesn't go POOF on you.

Oh, and I heard about the missing teen and posted a link on my blog.

Bailey Stewart said...

hi gang - I'm here. I've been trying to get some blogging done, but haven't finished. No, I haven't finished with the room either and won't work on it today. I had an asthma attack yesterday and I'm still kind of down today. In fact, I'm going to lay down after lunch. Wicked heat, wicked ozone - have I said I hate summer?

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hey, I got the alarm clock one myself a few days ago!!! Congrats to Toni and Happy Birthday to Susie! Hugs on the computer woes. I need to take mine in to the shop, too.

Laurie Wood said...

Thanks for the Spamarama, Eve. It's a great Friday a.m. wake-up! I think it's great you and Toni put the missing girl link on your blogs. Her poor family!

I got the Robin D. Owens book yesterday, too. Thanks again. Can't wait to get into it, as I've finished everything else on my TBR pile. :)

Lis said...

Happy Birthday Susie & congrats to Toni! *hugs* on the monitor.

lol at spam again, man the subjects just get weirder by the week

Anonymous said...

I should be having breakfast though it seems as if my alimentary road has been in some sort of protest for the last week.

Happy belated birthday to Susie and Melissa and Congratulations to Toni.

Eve, too much bad news for me to get quite as much fun out of the spamarama today. I'm worrying too much about Staci. And to a somewhat lesser degree about your monitor. The latter can be replaced even if at a cost. But a child can't be. I know you understand. Poor Marjorie. She must be frantic. I've just awakened. Had to take something to help me sleep the last two nights and that's one of the reasons I didn't get to blogging yesterday.
That is a funny picture on yesterday's blog. I could barely see the cat.

Sorry, somewhat disjointed today. Hope you find a good cheap monitor. I guess getting either one fixed is not an option?

catslady said...

congrats Toni.

So sorry about the asthma. Humidity sucks big time.

Oh and my daughter is throwing out an old old monitor - too bad you live so far away - wouldn't be worth the shipping. Maybe if you asked around someone has an old one. Now that those nice flat screens are around a lot of people get rid of them. I wish I had one of those but at least my old one still works.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your pals :) One day, I really hope you find out about that $%^# alarm clock...

Michele said...

LOL! I've had a rotten week, at least I had spamarama to look forward to.

Happy Birthday Susie! Hope you get pampered!

Have a great weekend Eve!

Jordan Summers said...

Sorry to hear about the monitor. Hope you get a new one soon. Happy Belated Birthday to Susie.

Sandy J said...

Happy Birthday, Susie! And congrats to Toni.

Eve, so sorry about the asthma and the monitor. Great spamarama! You have such a great wit!

Bailey Stewart said...

Really Joely?!? See folks, it does exist.

Loreth - been thinking about the North-west.

Sorry you've had a bad week Michele.

Thank you Sandy.