Monday, June 05, 2006

Author, Author

We have another book sale in our midst. Denise Belinda McDonald (Dennie to us) has sold her book The Inn Crowd to Samhain. Yay Dennie.

Also, her book Deadly Mistake is due out in ebook format September 19, 2006, with a print edition out around December 19, 2006 (for those without e-readers, like me). I'll have more about it around publishing time.

Raine Weaver's book Let's Pretend is now available in print!

The art of subtle seduction can be a light-hearted game-or a deadly dance.
Veronica Peale is playing a game.
Her best friend Kayla has decided to "loan" Ronnie her newest boy-toy, all in an effort to make her boss, Paul Lang, insanely jealous. Veronica reluctantly agrees to pretend that she's having a torrid love affair with Brant Coleman in order to entice the man she really wants.
At least, she thinks he's the man she really wants…
Brant Coleman is also playing a game. He is, in reality, an insurance investigator, trying to discover why Ronnie is in possession of a priceless pair of antique earrings, reported stolen by one of the wealthiest families in Cleveland, Ohio. It is his job to verify that they are the stolen earrings and, if possible, to recover them. And if he has to pretend to be Kayla's tool and Veronica's lover to get what he wants, so be it.
At least, he thinks he's pretending to be in love with her…

Let's Pretend by Raine Weaver
My Bookstore and More
Amazon.com

I've ordered two of these - one to keep and one to give away. When they arrive I'll do something (probably just a simple "tell me you want it" draw) for the giveaway. This has gotten excellent reviews and I've been waiting to read it.

23 comments:

Denise McDonald said...

oooh - I need to order my copy - wonder if I can get the author to autpograph it for me...hmmm....

thanks for the plug!

Bailey Stewart said...

I don't know - I've heard she's a bit of a "diva". ;p

We'll "plug" more closer to September.

Brandy said...

Yay Dennie! And Congratulations Raine.
These sound really good. Can't wait.

Bailey Stewart said...

Brandy - this book has gotten awesome reviews.

Like I said - just a simple giveaway this time. The books should be arriving pretty soon. Amazon doesn't take that long to deliver "in-stock" orders.

Lis said...

Congratulations to Dennie and Raine!

Michele said...

How Exciting!!!!

Who's breakin' out the champagne?

Sandy J said...

Hey, I know the author! She's a good friend of mine and a pretty cool person. Bet I can get an autographed copy for ya!

Congrats to Dennie and to Raine!!!

Scott said...

Congrats Dennie! I like the sound of Raine's book too. Congrats to both.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Yay for Dennie and Raine!!

Eve, I finished Room Service by THE SHALVIS this weekend and really enjoyed it. Fun read!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats - adding to my buy list :D

Kelley Nyrae said...

Congrats Dennie and Raine! I'm loving all this great news. It gives me hope.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dennie and Raine!!

Meretta said...

YAY Dennie!!

YAY Raine!!

Well done, ladies. Well done.

Bailey Stewart said...

Michele - hmmmm, will margaritas do?

Stacy - Thank you. I believe in supporting romance writers.

Joely - you just finished it? Sheesh. It's a good book, isn't it.

Anonymous said...

So crap going on or not, here I was doing a quicky fly-by to see how YOU were--and look what you've done! ;=)

Eve, you're a sweetie! Thank you!
:-D

And congrats to you, Dennie, on the great news!

Anonymous said...

Oops--I am SO out of it--also meant to thank everybody for their good wishes.
Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

hm...what happened...said it worked, then it didn't, and of course nothing is there...oh well!

So, originally...Congrats to both Dennie and Raine! That is totally awesome!

I am home this week, well supposed to be, but it sounds like I will be heading to Seattle on Wed...too bad you are not there yet...we could have dinner :)

catslady said...

I also want to give my congrats to Raine (love the cover) and Dennie.

Bailey Stewart said...

You're welcome Raine. I'm really looking forward to reading this. Hope you're feeling better and everything is going well with your mother.

Glenice - yes we could. We're talking about another game night either the end of June or first part of July - if you were here you could come too.

Jeanne - isn't that a great cover?

Emmy Ellis said...

Congrats!

:o)

Siobhan said...

Many, many congratulations! :-)

Toni Anderson said...

Congratulations Dennie and Raine!!!!

Cool!!

Anonymous said...

My congrats to these guys! That is wonderful.