Sunday, June 04, 2006

This and That

Yay Lis - her MS Vegas Whisperer finalled in the query contest over at Romance Divas. Thank you for doing this Lis so I would have something to blog about. *gg*

Keep Raine in your thoughts - her mother has been admitted to the hospital.

Oh, and we're finally done with the painting, so I'll be spending Sunday continuing to put things back together.

That's it. I'm so full of information it's obscene, aren't I?

So I'll leave you with this:

Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
Where are we going? And what's with this handbasket?
If most car accidents occur within five miles of home, why doesn't everyone just move 10 miles away?
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?
If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
Is there another word for synonym?
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
Whatever happened to preparations A through G?
If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Why do we say something is out of whack? What's a whack?
Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

22 comments:

Brandy said...

Congratulations Lis! And Raine, I'll say a prayer for your Mom.
Eve, I loved these!! Especially if FedX and UPS merge!! Haha! (Dh was snickering as I read them to him.) Sounds like your finally getting eveything accomplished in your room. Pictures to follow, right?

Lis said...

*g* Glad I could help :o)

Prayers go out to Raine.

Sounds like you're in for a fun Sunday!

lol loved the alphabet one, kinda true when you think about it! *g*

Danica Favorite said...

Wow, lots of info... :)

Congrats Lis!

Raine your mom is my prayers.

Bailey Stewart said...

Brandy and Loreth - I promise, pictures when it's finished. Hopefully by the end of the week. (I won't wait until all of the pictures are on the wall).

Lis - you are tweaking, aren't you? Oh yeah, fun, fun. :(

Diane said...

I loved the cow ... and the baby oil.

Hugs to Raine.

Anonymous said...

Lis, huge congratulations! I'm so happy for you! And Eve, I loved those, too, especially Fed UP and baby oil.

Toni Anderson said...

Lis--congartulations!!
Raine ((()))
Very funny Eve! You mean it isn't onety-one??

Anonymous said...

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

*snicker* Good question!

Kelley Nyrae said...

Congrats Lis.
Raine Your mom will me in my thoughts and prayers.

Those are too funny. I like the tourist season one.

Denise McDonald said...

OMG - those are so funny!!! {snort}

congrats Lis...

(((RAINE))) prayers to you hun!

Lis said...

Tweaking I am, or attempting to. Mostly on the blurb, figured out the bio bit thanks to Nell (worded much better now)

Bailey Stewart said...

Stacy - I liked that one too.

Diane - that sounds oddly kinky *gg*

And Olga's fed up with baby oil, interesting.

Toni - no honey, it isn't (just talk softly around her, it's okay. *gg*)

Tori - that's what I used to say about the lottery - people would say "someone else always wins". Well, I'm someone else to someone else?

Shhh Kelley - I'm stalking some tourist right now ...

Dennie - thought you'd like them.

Lis -yay on the bio!

I know I was supposed to work on this room this afternoon, but I've spent the morning watering and blogging and now I hear the sound of my bed calling me. Didn't get to sleep as early as I meant to last night. Oh well, as Scarlet was fond of saying "Tomorrow is another day." Nap time folks.

Oh, and yes the avatar is still a bit of wishful thinking - it's supposed to hit 101 later this week.

Anonymous said...

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive. That fits my dad and sister to a tee! LOL

I'm looking forward to the pictures. :)

Congratulations Lis!

Raine, I'll keep your mom in my prayers. Hugs

Anonymous said...

These were cute. I had never thought about what a whack really was.

Siobhan said...

Sorry to hear about Raine's mum. Hope she gets better soon. Also, many congrats Lis. Eve, these are so funny ROTL. Liked "ONETY-ONE" - reminded me of Bilbo Baggin's "eleventy-first" *gg* :-)

Carol M said...

I just love those! lol

Congrats, Lis!

Hugs, Raine!

Sandy J said...

Lis, way to go! Congrats!

Raine, hugs coming your way!

Eve, those were great! Spewed coke out of my nose with the drowning swimmers one! I am sad aren't I?

Bailey Stewart said...

Go take a nap and we have a visitor - sheesh!

Susan - I have the mini-fridge back here now (booze!)

Deana - welcome! Nobody will tell me what a whack is.

Siobhan - I had forgotten about eleventy-first.

I'm glad you liked them Carol - I just didn't have anything to really say today.

Sandy - um, ...

catslady said...

Those were all great!

Hugs,Raine.

Congrats Lis.

Hope you finally got your nap!

Bailey Stewart said...

Well I got a nap, but nothing much else done. Not a single box unpacked. I've got to buckle down tomorrow because it's a bit hard to move around in here.

Michele said...

Gosh, I'm LOL'ing so hard, my head hurts!

All the best and well wishes for your Mom, Raine!!!

Unknown said...

Eve, these are so funny. I love the cow one and the car accidents best.
I'm way behind on blogs but I'm catching up. Slowly.
Congratulations to Lis and (((hugs))) for Raine.