Saturday, August 26, 2006

Horoscope


Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)

It's Fake Smile Week. On the one hand, that means you should be on guard for people who are pretending to feel better than they actually do. I urge you to forgive them for their deception, but don't get derailed by it. On the other hand, you yourself should put on a happy face as a disguise when you're not sure what exactly is going on. In other words, it's best to act agreeable until you gather all the information necessary to make a sound decision. Is the advice I'm offering hypocritical? Only if you use it to serve your narrow self-interests. But if you're intent on doing what's best for all concerned, my counsel is ethically impeccable.


What do you think? I know I feel like I'm wearing a fake smile most of the time. Mom is making it near impossible to blog. She just went to bed and I've had to sit with her all morning and all evening. I really could use that laptop. I can't find my cousin - who knows where she is. I know that she stops in here from time to time so here: I wish people wouldn't promise things if they aren't going to follow through on them. I've been disappointed one too many times now - it's to the point where I don't really believe anymore - in other words, I'm not holding my breath. I know I'm a little late on stuff sometimes, but I do come through eventually. I just have a problem getting out with mom. I did get the rest of the books mailed today - except for two packages and Aussie to Laura. Sorry, guess I'll go put on my fake smile now. I'll try to be in a better mood next week.

Oh, want to check out your horoscope (btw, I stole this from Loreth).

19 comments:

Brandy said...

Aw sweetie, you're our friend. With friends you take the good WITH the bad. Sorry your Mom has been keeping you busy. We'll be here.

anne frasier said...

aw, bailey. so sorry.

what is the deal with the cousin???

i don't get people who don't do things they say they're going to do.

i might have to steal the horoscope. very cool!!

Lis said...

*hugs* hope your cousin comes through for you and the laptop arrives soon

We have the same horoscope. Doing the fake smile bit here too.

Bailey Stewart said...

Thanks Brandy.

Anne - my cousin promised me a used laptop a little over a month ago and it's still not here. I have a router and with a laptop I could actually blog and do other things while sitting with mom. My cousin and I are close and I love her very much, I'm just frustrated with her at the moment. She's in Iowa and I'm in Texas, so there's not a lot I could do. Hey, you're closer to Iowa than I am - go down and smack her for me, will ya? LOL

Bailey Stewart said...

(((Lis)))

Anonymous said...

*hugs* hon. Hang in there.

Meretta said...

Aahhh. The dreaded "fake smile". Hope you don't have to use it too often, Bailey. In the meantime...(((hugs))).

Kelley Nyrae said...

I know it must be hard for you. I'm so sorry.

BTW, I'm capricorn too!

Anonymous said...

I hear you about follow thru...reliable people sometimes seem few and far between. Things will get better. BIG HUGS!

Carol M said...

We all do the fake smile thing sometimes. Hope that laptop comes soon and you feel better! Big Hugs!

Wolfy said...

Sorry you are feeling so down......and I hope that the laptop arrives soon.

I am a Capricorn as well, and so guess I have the fake smile ........

Cryna

Lexi said...

Sorry you're feeling blue. But don't worry. It'll pass.

Scott said...

Fortunately I don't need much excuse to smile. Guys at work lately have fell into my groove lately and its bee too much fun to hang with them.

Oh, here's the pertinent part of my horoscope:

It's the Purge and Purify Season for you--a time when you should indulge in high-spirited activities that exorcise your demons, wash your brain, and incite toe-curling, sweat-inducing, soul-animating catharses.

Does that sound anything like a good roll in the hay to you?

anne frasier said...

bailey, well hell yes!! AND i'm going to iowa in two weeks! give me her address and i'll light a fire under her! hehe.

i'll be in burlington-- southeast corner of the state.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

(((((Bailey))))) I hope you hear from your cousin soon.

Michele said...

You are in my thoughts, Bailey.
I hope your Mom had a good day today?

I hope the laptop does come sometime soon, but at least you still have internet access. Can you imagine if you had none at all? Ack! We'd miss our Friday fix!
You are always a bright spot on that day - everyday, but you shine on SPAM-A-RAMA Fridays.

I rot at fake smiles. I'm like an open book. If I feel like a rotten egg over burnt toast, I look it.

((HUGS)) Bailey

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Bailey. I wish I could help.

Rene said...

I'm sorry things are so rough. I don't know how you can do it. I've done plenty of the fake smile thing in my time. But, well, I'm a firm believer in a better life through pharmaceuticals. I can't change my situation but I can find ways of dealing with it.

Is there a caregiver relief program in your area? I know they have them around here. My inlaws had to take care of the grandmother round the clock and they managed to have someone come in every once in awhile for a 3 hour break. You could really use some time off.

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

I haven’t checked my blogs for a while because I’m working to meet a deadline. Let me tell you, Bailey, that when I popped over here to your blog this afternoon to catch up there was no fake smile. Yup, I didn’t have to pretend to feel good because I was DELIGHTED to read about your new domain! :-D Big congrats. The website looks wonderful, Bailey. I can’t wait to see it when you add those pages of your published romantic comedies one day soon (and you will!).

I hope you get your laptop before long. I can only imagine how good it will make you feel to regain that little bit of well-deserved freedom. Hugs, my friend.