Friday, August 25, 2006

Spam Jam

Okay boys and girls, here's another morning with Spam, straight from the bulk file. Are we ready?

Here you go … (Thank you, but I think I can start this on my own.)
Very interesting income. (Interesting wasn’t the word I was going for. Pathetic would be more like it.)
Welcome to the SCOTT Common Sense Community! (Um, Scott. You have something to tell us?)
A write go covetous larrup. (I know I covet a lot of writing, but I don’t think I want to trounce anybody because of it.)
Your Logan is approved. (Thank you – I thought that name was perfect for a heroine, and just up Ross’ alley.)
Your neighbors won’t tell you everything. (Oh, now they want to keep secrets.)
Paper money is not real. (That’s been my problem all along. I’ve been trying to pay with phony money.)
Cheer up and you might be a leader. (I’m already Queen, what more could I want.)
You’re paying. (I’m sorry. I only have paper money.)
What are your plans for breakfast on Sunday? (Eggs, bacon, orange juice. Well, maybe sausage instead of bacon. You know, pancakes sound pretty good too. Hmmmm, now I’m hungry.)
Your neighbors lost their alarm clock. (Couldn’t this be one of those things they won’t tell me?)
Find that perfect timepiece. (Sorry, the neighbors took it – they needed an alarm clock.)
Don’t tell me this doesn’t catch your eye. (Okay, I won’t.)
Uppercase. (OKAY, I WON’T)
Wanna buy a Porshe? (I don’t know what a Porshe is. I wouldn’t mind a Porsche – but you see, I only have that damn paper money.)
Clemente wants to know why you are annoyed? (The neighbors stole my nice timepiece and they’re keeping secrets; Scott’s started some community and didn’t invite me – guess he doesn’t think I have common sense; I just found out that paper money isn’t real; and I have to pay for something called a Porshe. Is that enough?)



Mom drew names and the winner of Aussie Rules is Laura Clark. If you would email me again with your address, I’ll get the book mailed tomorrow ASAP. Jill and I will be giving away a couple more books here, so keep watch – contests usually start on Monday’s. And, that one was a little too easy, so I’ll try harder next time. Thanks for everyone who participated.

24 comments:

Scott said...

I promise if I ever start a community you will be walking the red carpet as a charter member!

Bailey Stewart said...

I just thought that was so funny when it came in the bulk file. Scott's Common Sense Community.

Thanks for the invite. I'll have to find a dress to wear. Oh, I have the perfect avatar.

Brandy said...

Love it as usual! You have such a warm sense of humor. These were great!

Brandy said...

Oh, and Congratulations to Laura for winning Aussir Rules, it's a great book!

Christa said...

These are great. Shh don't tell anybody about the paper money, maybe they won't notice.

Congrats Laura, you'll love it.

I take it Hugh is letting you have the spotlight to yourself.

Lis said...

Congrats to Laura!
Another laugh filled Friday (okay so its still Thursday here in Alberta, but hey I'm still laughing *g*)

Bailey Stewart said...

Naw Christa - I'm waiting for Scott to open his community - he said I could have the red-carpet treatment, so I thought I'd practice a bit first. Like my dress?

Christa said...

You look gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What is it with the neighbors and their alarm clock--every week??!

Geez--buy the buttholes a rooster!

Unknown said...

Another great start to a Friday. Thanks, Bailey. Brilliant, but hey, I agree with Raine; get those pesky neighbours a rooster. :o)

Siobhan said...

Friday has come round again so fast and what better way to start the weekend than with a giggle? Thank you for brightening my day.

Wolfy said...

Oh those are a real day brightener, thanks for the smiles......

Congratulations Laura for winning Aussie Rules......

Cryna

Scott said...

How cool is that?!

Bailey Stewart said...

Ah, but a rooster would disturb me.

Scott - just a little something I threw together using old curtains.

Carol M said...

Funny as always! lol

Congratulations, Laura!

Meretta said...

Funny! And just so you know...I'm getting spam now. At least 2-3 a week. Lucky, huh? ;)

Meretta said...

And oh!

Congrats Laura!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Laura!

Funny as usual! I needed the laugh today.

Kris said...

Congrats, Laura!!!!

Michele said...

LOL! More clock!

Congrats on the great win, Laura.
Tell us how you like it when your done.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Love the spamorama!

Anonymous said...

I so needed this for a big smile today! Thank you thank you :)

catslady said...

Very funny although I do miss the eiffel tower.

Congrats, Laura - it's a great book.

Anonymous said...

Good ones again. They even work early Monday morning.

Maretta! What a lot of spam. What did you get into that has attracted spam to you? I guess I've had my the two e-mail addresses too long. That's why I'm not surprised anymore. I must be getting at least 30-50 pieces depending on the day.