Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Cowgirls and the Redskins

If there was any saving grace from last weeks debacle it's that only the Eagles won. Starting tomorrow, second place is still open for grabs. Keeping that in mind, I think - which probably isn't a good thing for me at the moment - that maybe the 'Boys still have a chance at the NFC East title. But then again, I believe in Santa Claus, the toothfairy and the inherent goodness of all mankind, so don't bet the farm. In fact, don't even bet the outhouse. But I did want to put that on record a second time just in case they do and I end up looking brilliant. If they don't, I could always blame it on caregiver syndrome - works for me either way.

Romo vs. Bledsoe: The offensive line isn't going to hold any better for Romo than it did for Bledsoe. Blitzing linemen will still force Bledsoe to make bad choices, but a blitzing line opposite an unseasoned QB like Romo will spell equal or even worse results. I still go with the more experienced Bledsoe against George Williams' attacking scheme. We just need the offensive line to protect Drew and give him time to find receivers - it's not like he doesn't have any.

I think my good ol' buddy Roy Williams deserved than fine levied against him for the helmet to the chest move on Leftwich.

I guess we can be thankful that Portis isn't playing this Sunday - but we still have to worry about Moss, as he was the spoiler last year when the Redskins beat the 'Boys.

To everyone who follows the game - good luck to your teams, as long as they're not playing us, and as long as they're not in our division. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Panther's aren't playing y'all tomorrow. After last week, I'm not sure they're playing at all ;)

I'm first?

Brandy said...

Just popping in to say HI!!

Anonymous said...

Saw that you still had a temperature of around 90 right now. Ours is around 60 and we're happy if it goes up to 66. We've also had a lot of rain. But I'm sure glad that hot humid weather is gone--for now at least.

No TV, no football, not even the CFL where my Bombers are. Well, the 'Boys are semi-mine as well. Well, as of the moment, the Bombers are 6-7. No great shakes unfortunately. Unless I'm wrong, they go up to 18 games. We start and finish sooner because of the weather in Canada. We've had Mud-Bowls, Fog-Bowls, Snow-Bowls and two-day games as Grey Cup finals.

Hope the 'Boys do better today. I should see when they're playing.

I'll remember.

Toni Anderson said...

Duhhhh....

Anonymous said...

The Steelers don't play until tomorrow night. Good luck to the 'Boys!

Scott said...

I get to watch the game tonight with the rest of the country, so I will be sitting on pins and needles hoping the good Drew Bledsoe brings it. I'm totally behind him. He's a great quarterback, and before last weekend, I've never seen him deliver such a performance. And we haven't seen anything from TO yet like we're going to. My concern is offensive line and Santana Moss. I think Pat Watkins should just be dedicated to him, and everything will turn out fine. This should be a decisive victory for us. Watching Philly today, and they look scary good.

Rene said...

I think you are going to get killed. I also don't think Bledsoe is going to make the season without injury. I'm waiting for T.O. to open his big mouth and slam on the guy. I cannot stand that guy. My team is playing the Lambs and I'm sure St. Louis is going to wipe the floor with them although our new QB didn't look too bad. Niner's did better last week then I thought they would.

Wolfy said...

Just wanted to say Hi, and wish your team luck.

Cryna

Anonymous said...

My fave team lost last Sunday, so that was disappointing (especially considering they were winning at first). They'll play in about five minutes, so we'll see how it goes. And, Bailey, hugs about your mom. I know it's just words, but I hope your mom will do better and things will get easier for you.