Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's a Myth

I stole this from Tori. The Greek Mythology Personality Test

Orpheus
0% Extroversion, 66% Intuition, 100% Emotiveness, 76% Perceptiveness

You are an artist, an aesthete, a sensitive, and someone who has never really let go of that childlike innocence. To you, all of life has a sense of wonder in it, and the story of Orpheus was written about someone just like you.

When the Argo passed the island of the Sirens, Orpheus played a song more beautiful than the Sirens to prevent the crew from becoming enticed. When his wife died, he ventured into the underworld to charm Hades but, in his naivete, he looked back becoming trapped there.

You can capture your unique world view and relate it to others with the skill of a master storyteller. Your sensitivity and creativity make you a treasure to the human race, but your thin-skinned nature and innocence can cause you a lot of disenchantment and pain. What's doubly unfortunate is that, if you try to lose those traits, you never will, and everyone will be able to tell that you're putting up an artificial shell to prevent yourself from being hurt.

Famous people like you: Hemingway, Shakespeare, Mr. Rogers, Melville, Nick Tosches
Stay clear of: Icarus, Hermes, Atlas




I kind of like that one.

Sorry, I was up too late last night partying. Anne sure knows how to throw a book launch. Lot's of Jello shots, Tequila, Margaritas, Vodka Collins, weird looking brownies - which Jason ate all of and ended up hanging from a chandelier (among other things), oh, and Kareoke (sp?) too, although I missed Scott's set. Oh, and there was supposed to be nudity too - Jason tried to oblige there too. LOL Go over and check out all of the fun we had.

18 comments:

Fannie said...

You guys know how to party. Glad you had fun. Oh yeah, I want a bad boy, what the heck, I'll take one even if he isn't bad. I enjoy your blog because anything can happen. Take care and have a great day.

Bailey Stewart said...

Thank you Fannie - I appreciate your visits.

Bailey Stewart said...

I have a feeling I'm going to have a virtual headache in the morning.

Go ahead and steal it - I did. *gg*

Anonymous said...

WOW A party and I missed it!! :(

Bummer!!!

Back in Casper this week...I think I might actually get to be home next week...it will be SOOO nice!

gota go check out the party :)

Brandy said...

Wow, that's some kind of party! I did this one a few days ago, but , drat, I can't remember who it said I was! Your persona sounds right on the money.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great party.

I might have to steal The Greek Mythology Personality Test too. :o)

Scott said...

Are you talking about this Scott? Did I miss something?

Scott said...

Aha! Now I get it!

You're right though, I would much rather sing Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys. Much more my style.

Bailey Stewart said...

Scott - it was either that or Shoulda Been a Cowboy - especially the one played during their Superbowl run. *gg*

Bailey Stewart said...

Um, (looking around furtively) where is everyone? Come on - I took a shower, washed my hair, brushed my teeth and put on deodorant - it can't be that bad.

Carol M said...

Sorry I missed the party. I'm glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

It got a late start today. Ugh!

So how is your virtual headache? ;)

Meretta said...

I'm an Orpheus too!

Bailey Stewart said...

Oh yeah, you guys show up just in time for my nap. Figures.

Carol - it was fun.

Susan - headaches better. Must have been those margaritas I drank for you.

Meretta - Yay!!!1

Jaye Wells said...

I'm Dionysus. It's startling accurate much to my chagrin.

catslady said...

I'm Daedalus - love to debate and loyal. What is really interesting is the for my age and gender in all 4 categories I'm 99% higher than everyone else! I think that means I'm "beat to my own drum" lol.

catslady said...

and it means I type too fast for my brain - I not I'm.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Woo-hoo, pary time! I came up as Dionysus!