Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Has Anybody Seen My Brain?

I thought I saw it around here the other day, but I'm not sure 'cuz it's been so long since I've seen it. I've taken out an ad on a milk carton - "Writer's mind lost, last seen February 2006." But I tell you what - there's a lot more space up here for those voices, although the echo's gonna do me in soon. I thought I heard them say something about moving in a pool table, olympic size pool and tennis court up there, but I'm not sure. I forget. I've been doing that a lot lately. Forgetting. Or have I told you that before? I forgot. It's really interesting going around without a brain. No one expects much from you, that's for sure. I lost my brain once before back in the 80s. Actually, it lost me. We were just walking around when it wandered off. That's what I get for turning my back for only a few minutes. It just showed back up one day - never did tell me where it had been, but it looked like it had had a real good time. I'm jealous. My brain goes out more than I do. But this is the longest it's been gone and I'm beginning to get nervous. What if it never returns? Will I have to rent the upstairs out as condos? And what if they're not good tenants and trash the place? I just thought I'd let you know in case it wanders by where you are. Send it on home if you see it. I'll leave the light on ... but the bulbs will be dim.

Before I forget ... the contest for a copy of The Heart of a Mercenary is still going on.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think my brain invited yours out for drinks. That was Thursday night (you know, getting the jump on the weekend), and I wouldn't be surprised if they too Monday off, too. I've put out an APB, but so far, nothing. Eh, sometimes I'm better off without anyway ;)

Bailey Stewart said...

If I only had a brain ...

I know what you mean Marty - mine has been gone for so long I'm not sure I'd remember how to function with one. LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, I must admit mine has been wandering an awful lot as well. It'll be here one minute and then gone for several weeks or even months. Sometimes it'll sneak off without my realizing it right in the middle of a conversation. It's sad, isn't it, the way the brain sometimes treats us. I don't know if I've just not taken care of it, if it's just getting too sick of all the noise around here or maybe it's even getting pickled or something by the perm solution seeping in from next door (you know the stuff they put on hair to try to make it curly). One of these days I'm sure it'll leave me for good. And then what will I do. Maybe we should all get together and see whose brain is still most present and rely on that one until somebody's else's returns and hang around with that one until.... You picture get the?

Prayers hugs and both to.

Ugh, verification forget I too time all. Brain, frustration is name thy!!

Brandy said...

Why do I suddenly have the urge to watch The Wizard of Oz? And if your brain is off wandering, and it runs across mine, tell mine to come home already!!

Christa said...

I heard something about the Bahamas being a good spot for wayward brains.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Our brains must be having a great time somewhere. I've lost mine too! I finished Just Try Me tonight and *loved* it.

Bailey Stewart said...

Well, at least I know my brain isn't alone out there shivering in the cold.

Joely - I loved Jared Skye!

Jaye Wells said...

I think I saw your brain on the corner of Elm, holding up a sign that read "Will think for beer."

Bailey Stewart said...

Oh no, no - Oak Lawn. Better yet - upper class beer - Highland Park.

Unknown said...

So that's where my brain is. Partying in the Bahamas with yours. Tsk!

Saskia Walker said...

I went out with a friend last night for a chat and that's when I realised my brain had gone walkabout too. Maybe there's some sort of official brain holiday we don't know about. LOL

Siobhan said...

All this is much too clever for my poor old brain which can't even think of what to add. :-(

Kelly Boyce said...

My bestfriend and I always say we share a brain, so if one of us is having an off day, we just assume the other one has it.

Anonymous said...

Geez. There must be a brain convention somewhere because mine's gone, too!

Melissa Amateis said...

It's too early for my brain to even be awake!

Anonymous said...

Huh. Maybe it's out partying with mine, and they took my muse with them. Let's send out rescue teams . . .

Bailey Stewart said...

I don't know - the way my muse has been acting lately I wouldn't mind if he were gone for a few more days. The little bas....

Anonymous said...

It seems like there are a lot of brains out there wandering around with mine!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

LOL! Yes, Bailey if it wanders my way, I'll direct it back to you. Those pesky brains sometime have a mind of their own. ;D

Wolfy said...

Nope it is probably out wandering around with mine......today is one of those days for me..."that the lights are on and nobody is home"...I kid you not....

Cryna

Toni Anderson said...

My brain drowned in two glasses of wine... SAHM are cheap dates :)

catslady said...

roflmao - that's so funny that I have no doubt that your brain is functioning quite well.

Jordan Summers said...

I think perhaps it's playing with my brain. *ggg*