Sunday, July 16, 2006

Home Remedies

Got this from Michele.

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES
1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic.Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto! The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting thetoilet seat by simply using the sink.
4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock,will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.
7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget all about the toothache.
8. Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only need two tools - WD-40 andDuct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use theWD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
9. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
10. Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.
And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..........THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT.....THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

20 comments:

catslady said...

Oh I love those. My favorite is the WD-40 and the Duct tape. (shhh I think I'm first lol)

Brandy said...

Like the slinkie one, brings fond daydreams of rude people to mind.

Carol M said...

These are great! Maybe I should do #4 instead of taking my meds! lol

Christa said...

I had a post almost all ready and then the power went off and I lost it. This is not a good way for somebody that was up unil 2:30 reading Outsider by Diana Palmer just so I could finish and start Bad Boys Southern Style.

I am now sitting far enough from away from the computer that I can still reach the keyboard but far enough that I am out of spewing distance. You need a warning at the begining of your post: Do not drink coffee(or other beverages near the computer while reading Baileys Blog.

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! Those are awful!!! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Those are too funny! My mom's favorite is #2; she is always cutting herself.

Thanks for the laughs!

Denise McDonald said...

ooooh love the slinky... you know sometimes you can have a lot of funny w/ a slinky!

but they are all funny!

Anonymous said...

Those were GREAT. It took me a second to catch on...with the scalding water...I thought "WHAT???". Those were fun!

Bailey Stewart said...

First, I tried to "change" my clothes last night, but Yahoo was having a problem and the avatar wouldn't cooperate - so no, I'm not still at work.

Jeanne - my dad was a big believer in those two essential items.

Loreth - your too funny. LOL

Brandy - the slinkie, the slinkie, a most wonderful toy.

Stacy - there will be plenty of other opportunities. *gg*

Carol - wouldn't recommend it. *g*

Christa - you should know that already. LOL

Thanks Tori.

Susan - I think #2 is a very wise suggestion. ;-)

Dennie - see my answer to Brandy.

Deana - I did the same thing. When Michele first sent it to me I thought "man, that's awful advice" and then I did a D'Oh.

Meretta said...

ROFL. Very funny!!

Siobhan said...

Giggle giggle

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hehehe, love the one about the duct tape.

Anonymous said...

THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS...

Amen. ;-)

Sandy J said...

ROTFL! I have known a few 'slinkies' in my time!

Jordan Summers said...

LOL! (shaking head) I really need to try some of these.

Michele said...

I knew this was gonna be a hit on your blog!!!
**giggle**

Too funny

Bailey Stewart said...

Meretta and Siobhan - I'm glad I could give you a laugh.

Joely - oh yes, the things that can be done with duct tape. ;-)

Raine - how come I knew you'd like that one? *gg*

Sandy - Haven't we all? LOL

Jordan - Let me know how they turn out, okay? *gg*

You were right! Thanks Michele.

Lis said...

lmao, I have to c&p this and send it to my aunt! I love these

Unknown said...

Those are so funny, Eve. I love them all, but it's the slinkies that will have me laughing all day. I know *hundreds*! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Michelle...those are too fun. #6 is my favorite.