Monday, July 24, 2006

Take a Seat, Set a While


That's my new chair - isn't it great! I love it. It's enormous, I feel like Edith Ann (and if I have to explain that then just go google it), if I sit all the way back my feet don't touch the floor. My little personal fan because mother is always cold and I can't turn on the ceiling fan - and that room is hot, a tray for my drink, that's a little lap desk on the floor leaning against it - for doing crossword puzzles and stuff. The dresser you can see a little of on the right will be moved out into the garage as soon as I get it cleaned out and ready, plus make a space in the garage which I plan to do Monday morning while it's cool. Even though I'm not done with the study, I need to do this now so that as soon as I can find someone to help me, it can be moved. It's a heavy sucker - my parents bought it either in the late 50s or early 60s so I guess it's an antique now. There's a mirror attached which will probably have to be removed before moving. Anyway, it's not something Susie and I can move on our own. But the chair was bigger than I thought (or the space was smaller than I remembered), so I have to make more room - I have a bedstand that I wanted to put between mom's bed and the chair, that trays too unsturdy for a cat household. One jump and any drink I have up there would be on the floor. Also, mom can't get into the bed on that side.

The week went fairly well, but I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. The heat was so bad that I literally couldn't work after lunchtime - approximately 4 1/2 hours of work each day (not all on the study). Getting mom's room ready for the chair, moving stuff around - and you know, everytime you move something you have to clean where it was ... sort of like if you give a mouse a cookie. No writing, but I knew that would probably be a long-shot, but I did get some reading done. There's a new review over at Isn't it Romantic, go check it out.

When my new laptop gets here I'll be able to blog while sitting with mom, but until then I've decided that I'll have to divide my list up - half one day, the other half the next - that's the only way I can do it without giving up any blogs. That should only be for a week or so since my cousin JOAN is supposed to send it on Monday.

It's almost 9:00 now and if I want to get any reading done tonight I need to get going. Next up on my TBR is Sasha White's Bound.

19 comments:

Michele said...

Oh! That does look comfy.
Love the "give a mouse a cookie" comment. My kids love those books.

I am excited for you on the soon to be in your possession lap top.

Try to stay cool and your spirits up.

Thinking of you!

Lis said...

Nice chair, looks very comfy! :o)
I hear ya on the heat. Its horrible up here right now. Hope it cools down for ya soon!

Toni Anderson said...

Looks very comfy!!!

Sounds like a long hard week. Take it easy pet. We won't forget you.

Brandy said...

Looks nice and comfy and soft. Just the kind of chair you like to sink into with a good book! Good luck getting everything in place, I'm sure things will work out fine.

Unknown said...

I just love your huge, comfy chair. It looks like one of those chairs that wraps itself around you and give you a cuddle.
Hope you manage to stay cool and get everything sorted out.

Siobhan said...

That chair looks so inviting. Sounds like you're getting things sorted. Don't overdo it in the heat! ((()))

Sandy J said...

Looove that chair! It looks like you can just curl up and read, write, nap, or just daydream in it. Sounds like you have quite a plan going there. Won't have to miss anything and get some writing done. Didn't know you had a review blog going and will have to add it to my favorites.

Anonymous said...

That's a great chair! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a chair much like that, and love it :) The guy who sold me it and the matching sofa said, "It's deep and you can rest your head on the armrest like a pillow."

Sold. Enjoy, and don't work too hard :)

Bailey Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your whole setup looks soooo comfy!

Carol M said...

I KNOW who Edith Ann is! lol

The chair is great! I can just see myself curled up in it reading a book!

I can't wait until it cools down, too. I hate hot weather!

Jordan Summers said...

The chair looks comfy. You should be able to hunker down there for hours at a time. :)

Anonymous said...

Eve--I'm so glad you're getting a laptop. I never realized how much I'd love and need mine when I first bought it. Do you have wireless? If not, I hope you can get that, too. The chair makes me want to curl up right now and the fan--well, I'm starting to look forward to never being warm, there's got to be some perks in getting old.

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Comfy is the perfect word for that chair!! Hope you're getting a break from the heat.

Bailey Stewart said...

Michele - I like those books too, in fact, I collect them. And the chair is comfy.

Lis - better today - right now there is a wonderful breeze outside.

Toni - Like I'd let you? *gg*

Brandy - I think we're looking into the possibility of mom not getting out of bed any more (except for bathroom), so I've got to finish getting things set up. And I love the chair.

Oh yes Shirley, it's a cuddling chair.

Siobhan - don't worry, heat and I are familiar enemies, I'm not going to overdo it.

Sandy - that's everything I'm hoping to do in the chair. And yes, check out the review site.

Tori - it's more than a great chair - It's a FANTASTIC chair.

Marty - That's what I thought, just drape my feet over the side and practically lay down.

Stacy - you would love this chair.

We're working on it Susan.

Carol - I knew someone would know. And that's just how I feel sitting in it, like a little kid sitting in a grown-ups chair.

That's the plan Jordan. Enjoy Nationals.

Deb - yes, I already have wireless from when Bebo the sister-in-law was here, so we're set up on that. The fan noise bugs mom, but she'll have to get over it if she wants me in there with her. I'm ready for winter (we don't really get fall here).

Joely - just a break. August is coming and that's usually our hottest month. I tried commenting on your blog earlier, but blogger wouldn't let me.

catslady said...

Stupid Yahoo was down for a while today.

I love Lily Tomlin :)

Your chair and the laptop should help make things a little easier. Now if only the weather will cooperate.

Meretta said...

Great chair, Bailey! Looks good enough to nap in too!

So glad you're being creative with your computer time!

Stay cool!!

Brandy said...

Agh! That's who Edith Ann is, I thought so but wasn't sure!