Thursday, July 20, 2006

Huh?

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her
and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she
prepared tea. As he sat facing her old organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass
bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but it got the better of him and He could no longer resist. "Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl. "Oh,yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter."

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me????

shame girl, shame....lol!

Michele said...

**giggle**
I've seen this before.
classic.

Maybe she was used to "Manroot"?
LOL!!!!
Or if the directions used,
Love Lance?

She loved his Lancelot!!!!

LOLOL!!!!

Have a great night!

Brandy said...

OMG. I will definitely have to share this one with DH.

catslady said...

Stilling laughing.

Bubba is adorable.

And I thought mid-90's and humid was bad.

Lis said...

LMAO I just spit out coke thank you very much *g*

Scott said...

That was funny!

Anyone that enjoys good poetry should check out my latest post. I'm like a cheerleader for my creative writing teacher. I posted a sample today, with her permission of course.

Bailey Stewart said...

Deana - I like starting the morning with a laugh.

Michele - I hadn't seen this one.

Hope it gives him a laugh Brandy.

Thank you Loreth.

Jeanne - Bubba is a hunk of burning love. LOL And to think, we're looking forward to the mid-90s and humid. Hopefully this weekend.

Lis - you didn't need that coke anyway.

Scott - the poem was moving. She's very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Toni Anderson said...

LOLOL

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing!

Have a great day despite the heat.

Anonymous said...

I'm Anonymous, I shouldn't post when laughing!

Anonymous said...

rofl.. that's too funny.

and Michele...what a fertile imagination... *gg*

Siobhan said...

This made me smile and I need cheering up. It's Charlie's turn to go missing.

Kelley Nyrae said...

LOL! LOL!

Bailey Stewart said...

Toni, Meretta,Susie and Kelley - glad you liked it.

Susan - No you shouldn't.

Siobhan - oh sweetie, I'll be praying for Charlie.

Stacy - wow, thank you! I'll get you the info tonight.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that ever cute! I love it. Hey, without TV and certain books or magazines, how *would* she know about a condom?

Sweet innocence and ignorance. Didn't you know that ignorance is bliss?

Well, sometimes it is, especially for 80-year-old spinsters.

I'd never heard of this one before. I guess that's why I can enjoy it.

Well, yeah you did start my morning with a laugh. It's 1613 EDT and I just really got up. I was up around 1300 and felt crappy and there was a storm outside which turned off my computer before I could do anything. So I just lay down again, had a little nap and feel much better.

Yeah, that's what getting out for a while and doing errands the day before does to me. I turn into a zombie the next day. Argh.

Hope you've been sleeping better and feel less stressed. I truly pray you do.

Hugs and prayers continue.

And keep the laughs coming if you have more.

And what's up with the cats these days. Watch yours, Bailey. Hope none of them takes off.

Siobhan, hugs and prayers for you and the cat or is it cats, as well.

Jordan Summers said...

LMAO!

Lexi said...

Oh, now that's funny!

Anonymous said...

Too much!!!

Brandy said...

Dh got a tickle out of this too!